Articles

When do the authorities mention neither race nor Islam?

By May 27, 2017February 18th, 2021No Comments

The Rochdale horror goes on: Abuse is STILL rife 10 years after 50 under-age English girls were groomed and raped by a Pakistani Muslim gang – and police remain hidebound by political correctness

Child abuse said to still be rife in Rochdale following landmark case in 2012

Shabir Ahmed and eight accomplices were jailed for 77 years for child abuse

Case was subject of a three-part BBC drama Three Girls which aired this month

By PAUL BRACCHI FOR THE DAILY MAIL

26 May 2017

The Tasty Bites takeaway on the outskirts of Rochdale is still open. It is has a different name now and is under new ownership.

But some places can never escape their notoriety.

The takeaway on Market Street is such a place. The visceral details of what occurred in the dingy, nicotine-stained flat above the shop in Greater Manchester are not easy to forget once you know them.

This is where a 15-year-old girl was once lured by a hulking, middle-aged brute.

‘Look, you’re my b***h now — if you cross me, I’ll kill you,’ he told her. ‘It’s part of the deal.’

The ‘deal’ in question began when he started giving her free kebabs, chips, cheap vodka — anything she asked for — and ended with him yanking off her jeans on the bed, under a Disney clock on the wall, to ‘collect his part of the deal’.

He urged her to call him ‘Daddy’ as he hauled himself on top of her.

The facts are there in the girl’s police statement. They were revisited in the most brutal fashion in the harrowing BBC drama Three Girls last week.

Nearly 50 under-age girls were groomed, raped and in some cases gang-raped at the Tasty Bites takeaway.

The victims were English, working class and predominantly from broken or chaotic homes.

All but one of the perpetrators were originally from Pakistan. Most were married with children, respected in their community.

The scandal, which culminated in ringleader Shabir Ahmed (‘Daddy’) and eight accomplices, many of them taxi drivers, being jailed for a total of 77 years in 2012, was the subject of the three-part drama watched by around five million shocked viewers last week.

Just one disturbing question remained when the final credits rolled: could this kind of abuse still be happening in Rochdale?

Shockingly, according to our own inquiries in the former mill town over the past tragedy-filled week, the answer is ‘yes’.

Experts we spoke to in child protection confirmed what many have suspected for some time. But, even now, they remain fearful of going ‘on the record’.

After all, the levels of official denial that race or culture played any part in the Rochdale case run deep.

Police have always insisted the girls were targeted because they were vulnerable, not because they were English.

They deny any accusations that, to quote former Labour MP Ann Cryer at the time, they were too ‘petrified of being called racist’ to pursue the likes of individuals such as the odious Shabir Ahmed.

A recent report commissioned by the Greater Manchester Police and Crime Commissioner gives little cause for optimism.

The number of child sexual exploitation offences (‘grooming’) in Greater Manchester increased fivefold from 146 in 2013 to 714 in 2016, the study revealed.

Some 1,732 youngsters are currently identified as victims of exploitation or at risk of grooming — almost treble the figure from 2015.

But those figures don’t tell the whole story. Despite the rise in offences, the report acknowledges, grooming remains under-reported.

Even these latest sickening statistics could actually represent the ‘tip of the iceberg’.

Meanwhile, no details of ethnic backgrounds of offenders are given. The topic of race, in fact, is largely avoided, dismissed in a few sentences.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4546450/Rochdale-horror-goes-abuse-rife-10-years-on.html#ixzz4iGvuWRV1