COALITION FOR MARRIAGE
QUESTION YOUR GENERAL ELECTION CANDIDATES
Dear Marriage supporter
The General Election is a great opportunity to raise the issue of marriage with your candidates.
Your freedom remains under threat. Too often attempts are made to compel people to agree with same-sex ‘marriage’ – whether it’s individuals in the workplace, in public places or in schools.
Remember that Ashers Baking Co. in Belfast is being hauled through the courts, traditional marriage supporters have been disciplined at work for their beliefs and Ofsted inspectors are interrogating teachers and pupils who disagree with same-sex ‘marriage’.
Please ask your election candidates if they will pledge to protect your freedom. You could use one or two of the following questions:
Would you use your position in Parliament to vote to:
* Protect freedom of conscience and public expression for all views in respect of same-sex ‘marriage’?
* Protect public servants, schools and children’s clubs from regulatory and disciplinary sanction where there is an expression of personal disagreement with same-sex ‘marriage’?
* Prevent British embassies overseas being used to circumvent and undermine local laws and wishes on same-sex ‘marriage’?
* Prevent public office holders being forced to swear an oath of allegiance to ‘British values’?
* Support enhanced sharing of the personal tax allowance between spouses?
* Protect married couples in care, including the elderly, from separation in their housing provision?
This helpful website provides contact information for the candidates in your constituency:
Whatever the law says, the truth is marriage is a union between one man and one woman. The right to express this belief, and live consistently with it, must be respected. Please use your opportunity to raise this with your candidates in the run-up to the election.
Your donations are secure and confidential.
Coalition for Marriage